Founded in 1883 in the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy as a fruit and vegetable wholesaler, the family-owned business Johann Staud has been in the same place since then: in the middle of the present day, tradition-steeped Viennese Brunnenmarkt. Knowledge, intuition and passion for the craft and interaction with nature were passed on from generation to generation. Coupled with ambition, an innovative wealth of ideas and business skill, the past values still bear fruit today.
When Hans Staud took over his father’s business in 1971, the location and production of the owner-managed company was transferred to Hubergasse in Vienna Ottakring, in order to specialise in the processing of fruits and vegetables. What started with apricot compote and gherkins, developed into a success story with more than 200 varieties of sweet and sour delicacies. The business in Brunnenmarkt, which was lovingly managed by “Mama” (Johanna) Staud for almost six decades, is now known as “STAUD'S Pavillon” among enthusiasts from Austria and abroad.