Part of the reason the New York poppy seed bagel is a best seller is because it tastes good on its own, but also goes great with almost any topping you like!
Whether warmed or eaten as-is, the poppy seed bagel never goes out of style. If it can be spread, squirted or dipped in, the poppy seed bagel has probably been paired with it at some time — some with admittedly better results than others.
Here are a few topping ideas for the next time you get a poppy seed bagel:
- Cream cheese, particularly with a bit of roasted red pepper, is great combination that is almost a meal on its own. Each element perfectly complements the other and creates a filling treat.
- Smoked salmon with capers and onions is about as decadent as it gets. It is a full flavor explosion!
- Cream cheese with a bit of strawberry jam on a lightly toasted poppy seed bagel is an all-time favorite that is fast and easy to prepare for anyone on the go.
- Who says poppy bagels are only for breakfast? A phenomenal appetizer using poppy seed bagels is to spread a bit of salmon or diced tuna steaks with freshly cracked pepper, a squeeze of lemon, capers and chives. This is a bagel appetizer that gets rave reviews!
- Of course classic combos such as lox and cream cheeses or butter will never let you down.
The poppy seed bagel is the perfect companion for almost any topping you can think of. Go fancy or simple, either way you’ll always be pleased.